Saturday, October 11, 2008

Where For Art Thou Summer?

Well, I got up this morning and looked out the window, only to see FROST on the roof of the house across the street.

Yes my friends ~ We have our first frost of the year in our lovely neck of the woods. It's not like I wasn't expecting it. After all, I did wrap up in a blanket last night to eat my dinner! It is just hard to reconcile the fact that I still have beautiful dahlias blooming in my flowerbeds, green tomatoes on the vine and frost on the roof. Josie Grandma is no doubt chuckling to read this right now. Go float in your warm Arizona pool Grandma...heh heh!

In other news, Hayley is running in a cross-country event today with the rest of her crazy volleyball team. Word has it that the team is dressing as bunches of grapes and the coach will be chasing them...dressed as a box of raisins! Oh you know there will be photos to follow...

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Josie Gramma said...

Boo on your weather.
We are also having cool weather here in Arizona, only 75 degrees.
Going to have to hit the hot jetted hot spa pool right after getting out of the pool. We are sad the bautiful summer is coming to an end.