Monday, August 25, 2008

It's in the Hole!

No folks, sadly, we are not talking golf.

We have ourselves a varmint. Maybe more than one. I'm holding out hopes that it is just one nasty little mole. A very busy mole. I watered all the flowerbeds on Saturday morning. I couldn't sleep Saturday night. Kept going to the front window for some reason. And then Dano woke me up Sunday morning with the news that a mole had invaded our front (and back) flowerbeds during the night. He left his tell-tale cracked ridges everywhere he went. And dude likes to travel! We went and bought some mole snacks at Home Depot (because apparently Diazanon is off the market...sheesh) and Dano engineered some clever tunnels to bury so the pathways don't collapse and cover the snacks with dirt. He is channeling Bill Murray in "Caddyshack" and believe me, he will come out the victor in all this madness! "My enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I've gotta get inside this guy's pelt and crawl around for a few days." ~Dan "Carl Spackler" Liebel

So, wish us luck in ridding our flowerbeds of the critter. My parents are due here in a few days and trust me, the critter would be wise to run for the hills instead of dealing with Grampa Dick "The BB Gun Exterminator" Rydin!

2 comments:

Laura and Corey said...

a mole????? what the heck is a mole???? what the heck wild beasts are you guys living with there in washington????

Josie Gramma said...

Maybe we should bring up our Pack Rat live trap. We get the varmints that dig up our yard.