Sunday, August 3, 2008

So Long, Farewell, Auf wiedersehen...

We already miss you! Sadly, this afternoon we headed down to the airport so Tyler and Kevin could catch their flight home. First, we had to take the customary visitor photos out in the front yard. These are the four youngest cousins in the Liebel family. It seems like just yesterday they were wearing water wings and splashing around in the pool in Palm Springs! Fast forward a month and three of these kids will be in high school. Time does fly.

So, a week with these three inseparable dudes made me think of the famous "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil." But, when I took the photo, I couldn't remember the order.

Nothing a little Photoshop can't fix......heh.

Anyway, on the way to the airport we stopped at a favorite spot of ours, Ivar's. It is a really cool seafood restaurant that literally hangs over the water right next to the Mukilteo/South Whidbey Ferry. We sat out on the deck to eat some yummy appetizers for a light dinner and watched the ferry activity, as well as some fishermen doing their thing on the nearby pier. Kind of a nice end to a neat week with the boys.

I can't lie...there were some not-so-dry eyes at the airport. (I won't name names...you all know who you were!)

{sniffle sniffle}

Tyler and Kevin, your mama is so.....COOL for sending you up here! We love you guys and are so glad you came and stayed with us! Tommy and Enalyn, thank you so much for letting your boys visit!

Later dudes!

1 comment:

Durante said...

It sounds like they had a great visit. I had my parents visit this weekend and while I hate to see them go, there's a freedom now that I just didn't have with them here. It's like I can breath.