Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What's Goin' On...

First of all, a big welcome to our houseguest. This is Kevin. He's the sweetest guy from BYU, here for the volleyball camp at Hayley's high school. Kevin plays volleyball for BYU (he's a 6'3" outside hitter) but more important, he's super smart and seriously the nicest guy! And he likes Dan's cooking! Tonight, we're having both visiting coaches, the high school coaches, and a few of Hayley's volleyball buddies over for carne asada with all the fixin's. And those evil apple dumplings, too! Meanwhile, while this is NOT my x-ray, I drew a black line in to show my fracture. It is kind of uncommon, called a Tibial Plafond fracture. I'm in a very unfashionable black boot that weighs a ton, but I chose that over a cast, based solely on being able to take a bath or shower without waterproofing my entire leg! The doctor says I'm in it for 4 to 6 weeks, but I should feel much better, even being able to stand slightly on it in only two weeks. Woohoo! The doctor also warned me that my ankle will soon turn a much more vibrant color than it is now. This side is swollen still because he thinks the ligaments and tendons are not at all happy. So, here is Day 5: The inside view (which is actually closer to the break): So, thank you for all the good wishes for speedy recovery! My ankle thanks you. My sore biceps thank you. And my palms thank you. Crutches are no fun, but they allow some mobility, so I'll stop complaining! Have a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

Liz and Brian said...

Oh no!! What's with you and your family members wearing big black boots? Is this some new fashion trend that I don't know about?? Hope it gets better soon!

Laura and Corey said...

seriously! the liebel family needs to chill out on the big black boot craze!!!!! and tibial fractures for that matter!