Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

Hello? Tap...tap....Anyone out there?
Honestly, I wouldn't blame you if you'd decided to delete your bookmarks for my little blog here. I've not been good about updating it and for that, I am sorry. Really, I am.  However, we've been really busy in these parts. We've played A LOT of volleyball and thrown A LOT of bowling balls. And we were there to watch all of those balls being hit and thrown! Wouldn't miss my kids doing their thing for anything!

So, having said that (Curb Your Enthusiam....anyone???) I will attempt to get back on the blogging bandwagon and fill y'all in. But first, my peace offering:


I'm making this today.  I mentioned that I was making a Chocolate Silk Pie for dessert today and the crowd went wild! My friends on Facebook requested pie sent their way! There was drool on keyboards at the mere mention of it. So, my offering is this little photo of heavenly goodness. Just take it in for a moment. I'll wait.

You're welcome

This picture isn't from today, since that one still isn't made.  Because I like to procrastinate. Plennnnty of time to make the pie. No, this one is from this past summer at Ken & Danette's company picnic at Bow Lake. They have a dessert contest every year and while I'm not the best baker, I do enjoy a challenge. Last year's offering was Double Cream Cheesecake.  And it won.  This year, I decided to make the Chocolate Silk Pie.  And it won.  And frankly, I was a little bit embarrassed, because....well, because there are always a lot of decadent, yummy, beautiful desserts and I felt guilty to win two years in a row.  But honestly....the Chocolate Silk Pie is THAT good.  It is not good FOR you, but it is so good for the soul!  So there.

We are hunkering down at home today.  Cooking and baking and watching football.  Yayyy!

I also must take this moment to wish a Happy Birthday yesterday to Missy Laura!!!  And to wish a Happy Birthday today to the lovely Erica!!!  15...wow!  Erica is a dancer and I just think this is the coolest photo ever!

Erica leaping1

We PNW Liebels hope this day finds you all happy and healthy!  We have so much to be thankful for in our lives and wish the same for you. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Karen said...

you're alive!!!
happy to see another post from you.... there hasn't been one popping up on my little bookmark tab in quite some time.
haha.
i see the incredible cookie day is quickly approaching...
i'm saving my calories until the day. haha.

Laura and Corey said...

i want that pie. now. fed ex it.